Read Across America Week is March 2-6.
National Theme: Oh, the Places You Will Go!
EVENTS FOR READ ACROSS AMERICA WEEK
1. We will continue to place great emphasis on our Million Minutes of Reading Challenge.
2. Students will be doing “Book Reviews” each morning on the morning news.
3. Monday will be “Grab a Hat and Read with the Cat” Day and students may wear a favorite hat.
4. Tuesday will be JCE’s “Book and Breakfast” event in the Multi-Purpose Room from 6:55-7:15.
5. Wednesday will be our “Read with a Hero” Day where parents and community leaders are invited to come and read to classes. (Teachers: Please respond to the parents who send in times and let them know when to come.)
6. Wednesday, a reader from the OCPL will be at JCE and will be reading and sharing information in our First and Second Grade classrooms.
7. Thursday, our Kindergarten classes will be going to Barnes and Noble for Storytime.
8.Thursday Evening is JCE’s “Family Fun Learning Night” and “Book Fair.”
9. Thursday Evening, the Onslow County Public Library will have a booth set up where parents can register to get their child a Library Card.
10. Thursday Evening, the Title I Team will have a table set up and share book lists and other materials/websites to promote reading.
**11. Friday will be our “Character Parade” and all students are encouraged to dress up as a book character and march in the parade.